Blood Bank of Alaska would like to thank you for your service during this difficult time. COVID-19 (Coronavirus Infectious Disease 2019) has affected each of us in varying ways and we commend you for the work that you are doing on the front lines to treat patients.
We want you to know that we are here to support you and we have compiled a list of resources regarding the use of convalescent plasma for COVID-19 patients.
- FDA: Recommendations for Investigational COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma: https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/investigational-new-drug-ind-or-device-exemption-ide-process-cber/recommendations-investigational-covid-19-convalescent-plasma
- FDA: Investigational COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma Guidance for Industry: https://www.fda.gov/media/136798/download
- FDA: Investigational COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma – Emergency INDs FAQs: https://www.fda.gov/media/136470/download
- FDA: Request for a Single Patient Emergency IND: https://www.fda.gov/media/98616/download
- Additional information on applying for an emergency IND may be found in the Recommendations for Investigational COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma link above.
- National Expanded Access Treatment Protocol (Mayo Clinic): https://www.uscovidplasma.org/
- List of ISBT Product Codes:
- E9735 – CONVALESCENT PLASMA|CPD/XX/<=-18C|COVID-19
- E9747 – Apheresis CONVALESCENT PLASMA|ACD-A/XX/<=-18C|COVID-19
- To place an order for convalescent plasma, please click here.